Tuesday Tech Tips - 5 Quick Tips for pH Problems
5 Quick Tips to Help With pH Stability Problems
- A couple of quick fix method to raise pH are to add bicarbonate of soda (baking soda), or use a commercial pH increasing product.
- To quickly lower high pH, try adding some vinegar or lemon juice, or a commercial pH reduction product.
- Regular partial water changes are a great way to stabilize pH. This will refresh the natural buffers and restore the trace minerals. Also, be sure to remove any uneaten food or detritus.
- An automated doser that adds user specified amounts of buffer is a great way to control you pH and stabilize it.
- To control pH, Alkalinity and Calcium at the same time, try using a calcium reactor.