API Liquid Super Ick Cure 1.25oz.
API LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy treats “Ich,” or white spot disease, in fish, along with other highly contagious parasitic diseases. The Ich parasite has a multi-staged life cycle, and is invisible in its early stages when it burrows into gill and skin tissue, causing severe electrolyte loss and gill damage in addition to promoting secondary bacterial and/or fungal infections.
Early symptoms of this infection include your fish darting around in the aquarium, your fish scratching against gravel or ornaments, labored breathing, and your fish remaining near the water’s surface, near filters, or near aeration devices. White spots may not always be visible on fish. SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy usually kills the Ich parasite within 24 hours, and is safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. It is important to dose according to the directions on packaging.
- API LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy is safe for snails, but it is recommended that you use half the normal dosage.
- Products that are designed to remove things from your aquarium, such as filter media, will also remove dosed fish remedy from your tank. For best results from the fish remedy, remove your filtration media as you dose with API LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy.
- API LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy is for use in aquariums only with freshwater tropical fish and / or marine fish.... not shrimp.
- API SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy is not appropriate for use in reef aquariums, or aquariums with live rocks. Your UV Sterilizer will not be affected by this treatment. For best results, remove activated carbon or filter cartridge from filter and continue aeration.
- API SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy and many other API fish remedies will discolor aquarium water. It is important to remove any ornaments or fake plants that you may not want to stain prior to dosing. Do remember that the discoloration is part of the fish remedy, so do not try to remove colors until the end of the treatment. The discoloration will naturally fade with time and light exposure, but can be eliminated more quickly by performing frequent partial water changes and adding API ACTIVATED CARBON or API BIO-CHEM ZORB filtration media to the filter.
Directions: Remove activated carbon from filter and continue aeration. Add 5 ml. per 5 gallons of aquarium water. Repeat dose 48 hours. Wait another 48 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water and add fresh activated carbon.
Size: 1.25 oz.