Fritz Zyme Turbostart 700 Freshwater 16oz
- The Original Live Nitrifying Bacteria
- Six-Month Shelf Life
- Rapidly Eliminates Toxic Ammonia and Nitrite
- FritzZyme TurboStart 700 is Good for Fresh and Brackish Systems
- Safe to Immediately Add Livestock
FritzZyme TurboStart 700 Freshwater may be added to new tanks or established systems any time the biofilter needs fortification, including after water changes, aggressive cleaning, adding new livestock, medicating or changing filter media.
For new systems, dose 1 oz (29 mL) per 50 US gallons (189 L). Shake well before dosing. To decrease cycling time, FritzZyme TurboStart 700 can be safely used up to 5x recommended dosage.
- For best results, maintain ideal water parameters noted below and use FritzZyme TurboStart 700 before the expiration date on the package.
- All chlorine and chloramines must be removed from water before adding FritzZyme TurboStart 700.
- Nitrifying bacteria require ammonia and nitrite to survive; in new systems introduce livestock or another ammonia source like Fishless Fuel to start cycling.
- Maintain adequate water flow or aeration.
- Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterilizers for at least 5 days after application.
- Store refrigerated.
- No contraindications: can be used with all other Fritz products and meds.
- Safe for use with all species, including plants and invertebrates.
- Safe to add directly into a tank with livestock present.
- Systems may be slightly cloudy or have an earthy odor for several hours after treatment.
- Variations of odor and color between bottles is normal, a strong sulfur smell does not mean the bacteria are dead.
- Do not freeze or overheat. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Live nitrifying bacteria are very safe even if overdosed. Observe for any distress, perform small water changes if necessary.
Ideal parameters for FritzZyme TurboStart 700 nitrifying bacteria:
Temperature: 77-86 F (25-30 C)
pH: 7.3-8.0; nitrification is completely inhibited below pH 6.0
Salinity: 0 - 6 ppt (1.000 to 1.0045 sg); active up to 15 ppt (1.011 sg)
Alkalinity (KH): minimum 4.5 dKH or 80.5 ppm KH
Phosphate: above 0 ppm
Size: 16 oz. (treats 800 gallons)