Kent Marine Kalkwasser Mix 450 grams Calcium Supplement
Calcium Supplement for Reef Type Marine Aquariums.
KENT MARINE KALKWASSER MIX provides supplemental calcium to reef inhabitants while promoting growth of purple, pink, and green calcareous algae. This application is the original European method of adding calcium to a reef aquarium. Not for the beginner aquarist, using Kalkwasser requires more work, but is proven to provide sustainable long-term results. See packaging for special mixing instructions and should be dosed slowly via a drip method.
Kalkwasser Mix provides bio-available calcium for lush growth of purple, pink and green calcareous algae, snails, hard tube worms and clams. Corals will open more and stay attached to their skeletons better, with regular use.
- Phosphate & nitrate free
- Contains no gluconates, EDTA, or other organics to raise DOC levels, as many competing products do.
For best results adjust system KH to 8 to 10 dKH with Superbuffer-dKH or Marine Aquarium pH Buffer first. Add 1/8 minimum to 2 teaspoons maximum powder per gallon of fresh water for a stock solution
- Let stand for several hours
- Only mix enough to last a week
- A white precipitate may form on the bottom of the container. Above this is the clear calcareous water which should be added to the tank SLOWLY
- Use drip method or dosing pump to drip into system on a continual basis to replace all water lost to evaporation
- Does not cause pH to rise significantly when added slowly, but measure pH regularly
- Use Kent Marine Superbuffer-dKH to control pH and carbonate hardness
- For best results use Kent Marine Strontium & Molybdenum Supplement also.
Considerations for use:
If you add a teaspoon or more of KALKWASSER MIX per gallon of water for your stock solution, a crust will probably form on the top of the water in your container. This is normal and it will act to impede the diffusion of carbon dioxide into the kalkwasser solution. This will assist in keeping the kalkwasser solution fresh.
Do not ever mix KALKWASSER MIX with any buffer! KALKWASSER MIX should be dosed alone! If you mix it with trace minerals, many of them may precipitate out!
Contains Calcium Hydroxide, a caustic material. Remove to fresh air if inhaled. In case of eye or skin contact, flush with water for 15 minutes. If swallowed, drink 2 glasses of water followed by fruit juice or vinegar. SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION! KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN! Not for human consumption. For Aquarium/Ornamental fish use only. Not for fish used for human consumption.