Kent Marine ChromaPlex 8 oz Liquid Coral Food
- Particles range in size from 5 to 25 microns, providing a broad range for filter-feeding marine invertebrates
- Contains essential amino and fatty acids, fiber, and high levels of carotenoids
- Carotenoids have been shown to increase coloration intensity of blue, green, orange, yellow, and red pigments in tissues of filter-feeding marine invertebrates
- May also be used to supplement and fortify live foods such as rotifers, daphnia, and brine shrimp, as well as larval fishes and invertebrates
- Contains no yeast or sugars!
Shake well immediately prior to use! Add 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 ml, or 1 to 2 capfuls) per 50 gallons aquarium water in an area of high water flow, or by target feeding (recommended). Feed several times weekly, depending on animal load. For best results, see Use and Interaction section on opposite sidebar.
Considerations for use:
ChromaPlex contains a proprietary blend of phytoplankton which are aquacultured under precisely-controlled conditions to produce high quality and consistency. The unique blend of compounds provided by phytoplankton enables filter feeders to better utilize amino and fatty acids, making them more bioavailable to the organisms and increasing metabolism efficiency, enabling animals to grow more quickly with the nutrients at hand. The constituent algae have been shown to have characteristics which enhance immune systems and protect sensitive tissue from the harmful effects of exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Kent Marine ChromaPlex is intended for use with all types of filter feeding marine invertebrates. For best results, alternate use with Kent PhytoPlex, Micro Vert, and Coral Accel, to provide a full-range of nutrients for rapid tissue growth and animal health. Studies have shown that a diet high in carotenoids intensifies the coloration and pigmentation of target specimens, which may help protect sensitive tissues from harmful UV light and improve the animals’ overall health. As when feeding any food product, pay close attention to water quality and do not overfeed. Because the majority of filter feeding target organisms are at least partially light-dependant, it’s important to illuminate them with powerful lighting of the correct spectral composition and maintain water parameters within recommended ranges for best results with any product. Perform regular water changes and use a good protein skimmer.
Aquacultured, naturally-occurring blend of phytoplankton.
Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children!