Seachem ParaGuard 250mL - ASAP Aquarium

Seachem ParaGuard 250mL

  • ¥1,900


Eradicates ectoparasites and fungal, bacterial, and viral lesions. Safer to dose than formaldehyde, formalin, and methanol. Will not adversely effect bio-filter.

Overview:
ParaGuard is the only fish and filter safe parasite control product available (for parasites on fish). ParaGuard contains no formaldehyde or methanol and will not alter pH. ParaGuard employs a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes, malachite green, and fish protective polymers that effectively and efficiently eradicates many ectoparasites (e.g. ich, etc.) and external fungal/bacterial/viral lesions (e.g., fin rot). It is particularly useful in hospital and receiving tanks for new fish and whenever new fish are introduced to a community tank.

Indications:
ParaGuard is appropriate for treating a variety of parasitic infections of exotic fish including; Ich, White Spot, Velvet, Fin Rot, Gill Flukes and Body Flukes. Be aware that many diseases and infections share similar physical and behavioral symptoms, e.g. clamped fins, lesions, loss of appetite.

Directions:
Dosing:
Remove all invertebrates from the tank as well as any chemical filtration. Use 5 mL (1 capful) of ParaGuard for every 40 L (10 US gallons). Repeat this dose daily as required as long as fish show no stress.

ParaGuard can also be used as a medicated dip. For 1 hour dips, use 3 mL per 4 L (1 US gallon) in a container separate from your main tank. Dips may be extended if the fish show no evidence of stress. Keep in mind that many diseases linger in the water as well as on the fish. Giving a fish a dip treatment does no good if they go right back into infected water.

Quarantine:
This is a tank set up in order monitor and medicate new fish before they go into the main tank. ParaGuard is gentle enough to use prophylactically (without visible symptoms) if needed. Quarantine times vary, but we generally recommend 2 weeks of treatment with ParaGuard to clear out any possible external infections.

Sensitive Fish:
Some fish are more sensitive to medications than others. Eels, loaches, rays, sharks, and many others are well known for their sensitivity to all kinds of medications. If you suspect that your fish may be sensitive to medications, it is just fine to start with a partial dose and build up to the full dose over several days.

Not recommended for reef aquaria.

WARNING! Do not eat, drink, or get into eyes! In case of eye exposure, promptly & thoroughly wash eyes with water & seek medical attention. Aquarium Use Only. Keep Away from Children. For ornamental fish only. Not for human consumption. Not to be used in conjunction with animals used for human consumption.

Size: 250 mL

We Also Recommend